This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
Sage Farms Thai Beef Salad
- NY Strip Steak – 1 – 1 ¼ inch thick
- Garnish Thai Chili Lime salt
- Brown Sugar
- Olive Oil
- Sage Farms Romaine – thinly sliced
- Sage Farms Mint – chiffonade (thinly sliced)
- 1 Mango – finely sliced
- 1 Red Pepper – finely sliced
- 1 Serrano Pepper – finely sliced
- 1 Shallot – finely sliced
- ½ Cup Baklouti Green Chile Pepper Fused Olive Oil from MECCA – this does have a spicy kick. If spice isn’t your thing, any varietal may be substituted – Lemon, Plain…whatever you wish.
- ¼ Cup Lemongrass Mint White Balsamic Vinegar from MECCA
- Zest of a Lime
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Lime Juice
- Salt to taste
Mix the above ingredients thoroughly and set aside.
While grill is heating to a medium high temperature, brush the Strip Steak with olive oil (I used the Baklouti Green Chile Pepper, yet straight up olive oil would do just nicely). Once the steak is oiled, generously coat with the Garnish Thai Chili Lime salt. And to make the flavors even more interesting I add some generous sprinkles of brown sugar. This makes for a delicious, spicy and sweet coating to the steak. Once the grill reaches the desired temperature, for a medium rare steak place the meat on the grill and cook until slightly charred – 4 to 5 minutes. Then turn and grill for another 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and cover loosely with foil and let sit for at least 7 minutes before thinly slicing.
While the steak is resting, gather the salad ingredients and place in a bowl. A head of romaine thinly sliced – ½ cup mint thinly sliced – ½ ripe mango thinly sliced – ½ red pepper thinly sliced – 1 shallot thinly sliced – ½ serrano pepper thinly sliced (if you don’t like heat please feel free to omit or substitute a jalapeno or less spicy pepper. Dress the salad with desired amount of dressing and plate.
Once the steak has rested, thinly slice it at a diagonal against the grain. Toss the slices with a tablespoon or two of dressing and plate alongside the salad. Sprinkle with some additional Sage Farms Mint…and ENJOY every single bite!