This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
Sage Farms Grilled Blue Salad with Citrus Shallot Vinaigrette
First things first…to make the DELICIOUS Citrus Shallot Vinaigrette – which as always, I LOVE to make extra to keep in the refrigerator for salads throughout the week. This one stores nicely and gets better with time.
- 3 Tbsp shallot finely minced
- 1 Orange – Zested and Juiced – should yield ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp Local Honey
- ¼ Cup Vinegar – I used MECCA’s Serrano Honey. It’s one of my favs. Other varietals like Balsamic or Sherry work nicely too.
- ¾ Cup Olive Oil – I used MECCA’s Blood Orange infused Olive Oil – yet plain EVOO can be used and blends nicely too. I simply prefer the extra citrus kick the essence oil gives.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients well and set aside for use later.
And now for the Grilled Romine – such a delicious way to enjoy this common, yet delicious green!
Half your desired Romaine Hearts. For reference, I typically eat one entire heart a serving.
Once halved, brush generously with EVOO and salt and pepper.
Place Romine Hearts on a preheated medium flame grill, cut side down. Check at 1 minute, if nice grill marks are present, turn and repeat. If not, cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute before turning.
Once grilled, remove from fire immediately and set aside for final salad assembly.
The final touches
- Dried Blueberries – dried cherries are a nice alternative too.
- Creamy Gorgonzola in thin slices – or your Blue Cheese of preference thinly sliced or crumbled.
- Citrus Shallot Vinaigrette
- Grilled Romaine Hearts
Place the desired amount of grilled hearts on the serving plates. Sprinkle with dried blueberries and neatly place some of the thin slices of gorgonzola atop of the greens. Finish of the salad with a drizzle of the delicious vinaigrette….and Voila – an amazing and fresh grilled salad!
The fun thing about this recipe is that you can take what you like and leave the rest. Perhaps you don’t want to grill the greens…maybe you want to use parmesan instead of blue…Have fun with it…Make it your own and ENJOY!