This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
Sage Farms Grilled BLT Salad
- 2 Heads Sage Farms Baby Romaine – to be grilled
- 8 oz Candied Applewood Smoked Peppered Bacon*
- 1-2 Heirloom Tomatoes – Thickly Sliced – to be grilled
- 1 Small package of Halloumi Cheese – to be grilled
- GARNISH Finishing Salt – Meyer Lemon Herbs De Provence
- Warm Poppy Seed Vinaigrette*
- Candied Bacon Bits
Cook Bacon on Stove Top until slightly crisp. Remove cooked bacon and place on a cookie sheet lined with foil, reserving 1 Tablespoon of bacon fat for dressing. Sprinkle bacon generously with brown sugar and put in over at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Bacon should be crispy and bubbling. If this is not the case, cook until desired end result. Set aside to cool.
Warm Poppy Seed Vinaigrette (Inspired by the Lovely Jinny Confer – a truly valued Local Farm OK subscriber)
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon juice and pulp of grated onion
- 1/4 cup Vinegar – I used MECCA’s White Balsamic – any variation will do….
- 1 Tablespoon reserved bacon fat – this step can be omitted – I however, like to use it as it gives a smokiness to the dressing.
- 2/3 cup oil – I used MECCA’s Lemon Oil – again, any variation will do….
In a small sauce pan, add all the ingredients above and bring to a gentle boil. Set aside, yet make certain it is warm when served over the salad.
*This dressing is amazing in a spinach salad as well – topped with bacon and sliced hard boiled eggs – exactly how the Lovely Jinny Confer served it to me once before.
Preparing the Grilled Items – preheat the grill to medium high heat
Lightly brush the Romaine Heads, thick tomato slices and sliced halloumi cheese with olive oil. Then generously salt with the beautiful GARNISH finishing salts.
Place the tomatoes and halloumi onto the grill at the same time. After about 2 minutes, turn the items – they should have nice grill marks. If not, let them sit for another minute or so until they do and then turn. Wait another 2-3 minutes and the pieces should be nicely grilled. (make certain not to overcook the tomatoes, for the will get mushy and fall apart) Remove and place on a serving dish to the side. Then place the whole romaine heads onto the grill. Check after a minute, if there are nice grill marks and the lettuce has begun to become vibrant green and wilt a bit, then turn. If not, then wait a bit more before turning. Then repeat the same on the other side. Once nicely grilled on both sides, remove and plate with the other finished items.
Plate grilled items immediately as the salad is to eaten be warm. Arrange a slice or two of tomatoes and halloumi leaning on the head of grilled romaine. Top with crumbled candied bacon and drizzle with the warm poppy seed vinaigrette. Consume immediately and ENJOY every single bite.