This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
Layered Quinoa Tabouli Salad with a Parsley Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 Cup quinoa prepared as per package instructions. I used Organic Red Quinoa. Any varietal will do.
- 1 Large Cucumber – peeled, deseeded and sliced thinly.
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes – I used Red and Yellow – sliced in half.
- ½ Cup Sage Farms Mint – finely chopped.
- 3-4 Green Onions – finely chopped.
- 1 head Sage Farms Romaine – I used our Red Truchas
- Prepare and set aside
- Parsley Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 Cup (packed) Flat Leaf Parsley (Leaves and Stems)
- 1 Small Shallot – finely chopped
- ¾ Cup Olive Oil – I used MECCA’s Lemon Olive Oil. LOVE LOVE MECCA Oils!
- ¼ Cup White Vinegar – I used MECCA’s White Balsamic – LOVE!
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice – about 1 Large Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice – I used juice from 2 Halos
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Blend above ingredients together – I used a hand held emulsion blender. Works perfectly for dressings!!
Grab a good sized mason jar…Start by putting a generous amount of the Parsley Citrus Vinaigrette into the bottom of the jar....Next, place a good sized layer of tomatoes into the dressing….then put a layer of sliced cucumbers on top of the tomatoes….Sprinkle generously with a layer of Sage Farms Mint and sliced green onions…then top with a good sized layer of cooked quinoa….and to top it off, fill the jar to the rim with Sage Farms Romaine. This salad is so very pretty you almost don’t want to eat it….but then when you do, you are sooooo glad you did! When it is time to eat, simply pour the contents into bowl and all the ingredients will combine nicely. And in the event you don’t have a mason jar on hand, or perhaps layered salads aren’t your thing – simply place all the ingredients into a beautiful bowl…dress…combine…and ENJOY!